Haftarah Schmuel Aleph 11:14 - 12:22
Brit Hadashah Yahudah 1-25
I won’t dwell on why Korach rebelled but on how the events unfolded. The people act with the same “just can’t seem to get it” attitude, when it should have jumped out at them. We will see in this portion what acting in a contemptuous manner will do before YHWH. In a previous portion, it said that Moshe was one of the meekest men on the face of the earth, but when Korach confronts him, he stands firm in Torah. This portion has defined lessons for us, the last generation. Let’s read;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they all drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was and is Moshiach.
5 But with many of them YHWH was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither let us be idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and there fell in one day twenty three thousand.
9 Neither let us test Moshiach, as some of them also tested, and were destroyed by serpents.
10 Neither let us murmur, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened to them for examples: and they are written as our warning, upon whom the end of the olam hazeh has come.
12 Therefore let him that thinks he stands, take careful watch, lest he fall.
13 There has no trial come upon you but such as is common to all men: but YHWH is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above that which you are able to bear; but will with the trial also make a way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.
1 Now Korach, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Lewi, and Dathan and Aviram, the sons of Eliav, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuven, took men:
2 And they rose up before Moshe, with certain of the children of Yisrael, two hundred fifty leaders of the congregation, famous in the congregation, men of name recognition:
- Korach is infamous for the meaning of rebellion, as in Jude, v11. Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Qayin, and ran with greed after the delusion of Bilam for a reward, and perished in the rebellion of Korach.
- On, the son of Peleth, he is not mentioned again. Legend is, that he was saved from destruction by his wife. When On told his wife that had joined Korach’s rebellion, she told him, “what benefit will you reap from it?” Either Moshe remains master and you follow him, or Korach is master and you follow him. It was Korach’s wife who through her inciting words plunged her husband into destruction, and On owed his salvation to his wife.
- It’s like Korach got up one morning and forgot the events of the last two months.
- Korach is the descendant of Levi and, Dathan, Aviram, and On.
3 And they gathered themselves together against Moshe and against Aharon, and said to them, you take too much upon yourselves, seeing all the congregation is kadosh, every one of them, and YHWH is among them: why then do you lift up yourselves above the congregation of YHWH?
- Do you think they are individually holy? NO – the House of Israel is Holy because HE sets them apart. No they are not.
- The next statement that “YHWH is among them,” well HE is with our number or dwells with us, and of course YHWH is everywhere too, but they, as YaShua said, “they honor ME with their lips but their hearts are far from ME.”
- Last, he accuses Moshe and Aaron of elevating themselves above the people – Moshe as we studied last week, is said to have been the most humble person on earth. He is falsely accused.
4 And when Moshe heard it, he fell upon his face:
- He fell upon his face; he did this because he knew what YHWH would do to them and I think he was afraid for them as well upholding Torah.
5 And he spoke to Korach and to all his company, saying, even tomorrow YHWH will show who are His, and who is kadosh;and will cause him to come near to Him: even him whom He has chosen will He cause to come near to Him.
6 Do this; Take censers, Korach, and all your company;
7 And put fire in them, and put incense in them before YHWH tomorrow: and it shall be that the man whom YHWH does choose, he shall be kadosh: you take too much upon you, you sons of Lewi.
- Now Korach as soon as tomorrow, YHWH will shownot just you, but the house of Israel who are HIS and who is really HOLY, and HE will cause them to come near to HIM. Moshe knows what YHWH’s decision will be before it happens doesn’t HE?
- Now here is what you do; take censers, or fire pans of coals and sprinkle incense in them, you and all your company of two-hundred and fifty princes, (he’s a well off guy), and whom YHWH chooses, he shall be kadosh. Then Moshe zings him one back by saying, “you take too much on yourselves, you sons of Levi!”
- Remember now that everyone has been assigned their tasks, verses 8-11 Moshed deals with Korach and the others stand in the background. Some even might have detached themselves from the rebellion?
8 And Moshe said to Korach, Hear, I ask you, you sons of Lewi:
9 Is it but a small thing to you that the Elohim of Yisrael has separated you from the congregation of Yisrael, to bring you near to Himself to do the service of the Tabernacle of YHWH, and to stand before the congregation to serve them?
10 And He has brought you near to Him, and all your brothers the sons of Lewi with you: and now you seek the priesthood also?
11 For which cause both you and all your company are gathered together against YHWH: and who is Aharon that you murmur against him?
- Moshe asks him, is it just a small thing to you Korach that YHWH picked you out of the whole congregation, to bring you near to HIM, to serve the congregation? Korach is really presumptuous isn’t he? Did he really think that Moshe would just say, ‘well, OK, Korach, I guess you win, just come on in and I’ll pack my trash and be on my way.’ Could Moshe have done such a thing? NO, he is bound by YHWH, from Heaven to do this thing, he has Holy position here,
- They are appointed by the Almighty and like we see in the story of Yonah, he was going to do it YHWH’s way, or, YHWH’s way!
- Oh, by the way Korach, you want I should to throw in the priesthood too, just thought I’d ask!
12 And Moshe sent to call Dathan and Aviram, the sons of Eliav: who said, we will not come up:
- An interesting little note here; Moshe sent for these guys, he knew what was going on, but you see they said not once but twice, “we will not come up.” Had they come up this thing could probably been straightened out but the line of communication has broken down – when that happens there can be no resolve.
13 Is it a small thing that you have brought us up out of a land that flows with milk and honey, to kill us in the wilderness, except perhaps to make yourself a leader over us?
14 Moreover you have not brought us into a land that flows with milk and honey, or given us inheritance of fields and vineyards: will you now put out the eyes of these men? We will not come up.
- Verses 13,14 – look what Korach said; “is it a small thing?” – they are arguing, repeating each other’s words, and here comes the best part – you have brought us up from where?The land of “milk and honey,” and I don’t recall that Egypt was ever referred to as “the land of milk and honey?” Where has he been, did he just wake up? And he says that “YOU” brought us, I thought the mighty arm of YHWH brought them out of the land of bondage – and did YHWH have to threaten them with a switch to get them to go?
- And, you haven’t brought us into this land of milk and honey. Well, which is it, if Egypt was the land of milk and honey, why would they be going to another one, oh, and by the way we haven’t seen any fields or vineyards either.
15 And Moshe was very angry, and said to YHWH, Respect not their offering: I have not taken one donkey from them, neither have I hurt one of them.
- Moshe asked YHWH not to respect their offering. What offering? The one they will bring tomorrow – and he tells YHWH that he hasn’t stolen anything or hurt one of them, ever.
16 And Moshe said to Korach, You and all your company come before YHWH with Aharon tomorrow:
17 And take every man his censer, and put incense in it, and bring it before YHWH every man his censer, two hundred fifty censers; you also, and Aharon, each of you with his censer.
- OK boys, bring your censers, all two-hundred and fifty of you and be here!
18 And they took every man his censer, and put fire in them, and laid incense on them, and stood at the door of the Tabernacle of the congregation with Moshe and Aharon.
19 And Korach gathered the entire congregation against them at the door of the Tabernacle of the congregation: and the tifereth of YHWH appeared to all the congregation.
- I can just see this, V19, Korach and the congregation pushed up against them at the door of the Tabernacle, little did they know, they just got too close – and YHWH’s glory appeared and the congregation saw it. Look out for what is getting ready to happen!
- Didn’t we read in a previous Torah portion that the incense for the altar was of a special recipe and no one was to duplicate it? And here we have all this strange incense before YHWH.
- This is one of the places in Scripture where HE says; “you shall not participate in these things and say that you’re doing it to ME, it’s an abomination
- There is one coming that will offer his strange fire or lie on the Temple Mount and proclaim that YHWH is a liar.
- V25-34 Destruction of the rebels;
20 And YHWH spoke to Moshe and to Aharon, saying,
21 Separate yourselves from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment.
22 And they fell upon their faces, and said, O Elohim, the El of the ruachim of all flesh, shall one man sin, and will you be angry with all the congregation?
- YHWH says to Moshe and Aaron – GET BACK! HE is ready to toast’em all but Moshe pleads with YHWH, would you kill them all because of one man’s sin?
- V21, separate yourselves, get out of the way of the line of death so that you won’t be killed too.
23 And YHWH spoke to Moshe, saying,
24 Speak to the congregation, saying, Move away from around the tents of Korach, Dathan, and Aviram.
25 And Moshe rose up and went to Dathan and Aviram; and the zechanim of Yisrael followed him.
26 And he spoke to the congregation, saying, Depart, I ask you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest you be consumed in all their sins.
- YHWH told them to move back away from Korach and his company, including Dathan and Aviram – see, On is not mentioned.
- He said, “Depart from the presence of these wicked men” men who Korach stirred up against not only Moshe but YHWH – insulting YHWH and calling HIS appointment of Moshe and Aaron unholy, or, he blasphemed against YHWH.
- Don’t even touch anything of theirs unless you want to go with them!
- Dathan and Aviram…stood at the door with a brazen demeanor reviling and blaspheming YHWH
27 So they got away from the tents of Korach, Dathan, and Aviram, on every side: and Dathan and Aviram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children.
28 And Moshe said, Hereby you shall know that YHWH has sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them from my own lev.
- YaShua said, “I these works not of Myself but MY Father who sent ME.
- V29, if the men die naturally of old age, or if they are visited; or not suffer an extraordinary fate…
- V30 Or, if YHWH create a “new” thing…
29 If these men die the common death of all men, or if they are visited after the visitation of all men; then YHWH has not sent me.
30 But if YHWH makes a new thing, and the earth opens her mouth, and swallows them up, with all that pertains to them, and they go down quickly into Sheol; then you shall understand that these men have provoked YHWH.
- So, they got away from them and Dathan and Aviram finally came out and stood in the door of their tents, even their wives and kids.
- V28, Moshe announced that; “you shall know that YHWH has sent me.”
- YaShua said that the Father sent HIM and that HE did not do these things of Himself but by the Father. Moshe is a shadow picture of Messiah-
- Oh, we can’t leave out; and everything that pertains to them, or, all their junk too.
31 And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground split open that was under them:
- HE didn’t waste any time did HE?
32 And the earth opened its mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men with Korach, and all their goods.
33 They, and all that pertained to them, went down alive into Sheol, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.
34 And kol Yisrael that were around them fled at their cry: for they said, lest the earth swallow us up also.
- Went down alive to sheol and the earth closed up over them!
- Now who went down to sheol? Korach, Aviram, and Dathan and all their families and junk.
- V34, and the house of Israel that was in the proximity fled when they heard their crying out – and said let’s get out of here or we could be next!
35 And there came out a fire from YHWH, and consumed the two hundred fifty men that offered incense.
- THEN; V35, there came a fire from YHWH and toasted the 250 men that offered incense… they didn’t go down to sheol did they? Why did YHWH do this? HE did it because they offered strange fire; or strange incense, they were not cleansed of their sins before coming into the holy presence.
- There is a division of chapters here; this continues on through the fiftieth verse, but some make these last verses part of the next chapter…
36 And YHWH spoke to Moshe, saying,
37 Speak to El-Azar the son of Aharon the kohen, that he take up the censers out of the blaze, and scatter the fire away; for they are kadosh.
38 The censers of these sinners against their own beings let them make from them broad plates as a covering for the altar: for they offered them before YHWH, therefore they are kadosh: and they shall be an ot to the children of Yisrael.
- take up the censers – for they are kadosh
- Now, beat them into plates to put on the altar for they too are kadosh – and they will be a sign to the children of Yisrael. The men weren’t holy but their censors were!
- In other words, the censer itself is a holy instrument but scatter the fire that was in them away, their offering was not acceptable.
39 And El-Azar the kohen took the brazen censers,by which those that were burned had offered; and they were made broad plates for a covering of the altar:
40 To be a memorial to the children of Yisrael, that no ger, who is not of the zera of Aharon, should come near to offer incense before YHWH; that he be not like Korach, and as his company: as YHWH said to him by the hand of Moshe.
- And this is what Moshe meant when he said to Korach, “YHWH will draw close whom HE has chosen” – that no one but the Levites will do the service of the Tabernacle.
- When the tribulation begins this is exactly what will happen again, that that person will usurp the position not of Moshe but our Messiah and declare that he is indeed the appointed and each person will make his/her own choice in this test as to whom they serve, or who is their king. If we claim HIM to be our King, two things will be a witness and proof that we love HIM, Faith in YaShua and Obedience to Torah, for the tribulation is a test.
- The next 10 verses describe how the people came and charged Moshe with mistreating Korach, read on…
41 But on the next day all the congregation of the children of Yisrael murmured against Moshe and against Aharon, saying, you have killed the people of YHWH.
- This is like when in the last portion, they ran up into the mountain and were going to go to the Promised Land anyway after YHWH said that they would NOT go.
- “you have killed the, (I suppose they meant these holy people?) people of YHWH” what are they talking about anyway? Moshe killed them? there was a lot of people there as witnesses, what did he use as a weapon and where did the fire come from?
42 And it came to pass, when the congregation was gathered against Moshe and against Aharon that they looked toward the Tabernacle of the congregation: and, see, the cloud covered it, and the tifereth of YHWH appeared.
43 And Moshe and Aharon came before the Tabernacle of the congregation.
44 And YHWH spoke to Moshe, saying,
45 Get up from among this congregation, that I may consume them in a moment. And they fell upon their faces.
- Can’t they see it coming? When YHWH’s glory appears in this manner that something terrible is about to happen?
46 And Moshe said to Aharon, Take a censer, and put fire on it from off the altar, and put on incense, and go quickly to the congregation, and make a keporah for them: for there is anger gone out from YHWH; the plague has begun.
47 And Aharon took as Moshe commanded, and ran into the midst of the congregation; and, see, the plague had begun among the people: and he put on incense, and made keporah for the people.
48 And he stood between the dead and the living; and the plague was stopped.
- “take a censer, put some fire in it, and put incense on it and offer an atonement for them – the plague of death has begun. In other words, from the line between Moshe and the people a line of death was started and this is why Aaron ran into the Tabernacle and got the incense and went out and got between the line of death and it stopped.
- The next 13 verses tells of the vindication of Aaron-
49 Now those that died in the plague were fourteen thousand seven hundred, besides those that died after the matter of Korach.
50 And Aharon returned to Moshe to the door of the Tabernacle of the congregation: and the plague was stopped.
1 And YHWH spoke to Moshe, saying,
2 Speak to the children of Yisrael, and take from every one of them a rod according to the bayit of their ahvot, of all their leaders according to the bayit of their ahvot twelve rods: write every man's name upon his rod.
3 And you shall write Aharon's name upon the rod of Lewi: for one rod shall be for the head of the bayit of their ahvot.
4 And you shall lay them in the Tabernacle of the congregation before the testimony, where I will meet with you.
5 And it shall come to pass, that the man's rod, whom I shall choose, shall blossom: and I will make to cease from before Me the murmurings of the children of Yisrael, whereby they murmur against you.
6 And Moshe spoke to the children of Yisrael, and every one of their leaders gave him a rod each, for each leader one, according to the bayit of their ahvot, even twelve rods: and the rod of Aharon was among their rods.
7 And Moshe laid up the rods before YHWH in the Tabernacle of witness.
8 And it came to pass, that on the next day Moshe went into the Tabernacle of witness; and, see, the rod of Aharon for the bayit of Lewi had budded, and brought out buds, and bloomed blossoms, and yielded almonds.
9 And Moshe brought out all the rods from before YHWH to all the children of Yisrael: and they looked, and took every man his rod.
- When Moshe brought out the rods it was a witness that Aaron truly was appointed of YHWH
10 And YHWH said to Moshe, Bring Aharon's rod again before the testimony, to be kept as an ot against the children of rebellion; and you shall put away their murmurings from Me, that they do not die.
- To be kept as a reminder to the children of the rebellion – that they stop being a bunch of shlubs already, so you too won’t die!
11 And Moshe did so: as YHWH commanded him, so he did.
12 And the children of Yisrael spoke to Moshe, saying, see, we die, we perish, we all perish.
13 Whoever comes anywhere near to the Tabernacle of YHWH shall die: Will we ever stop perishing?
- We can’t see the forest for the trees.
- A good thing to remember; if you are going to leave your faith, you must forget the past and we see a classic example of this in these last two portions.
1 And YHWH said to Aharon, You and your sons and your abba's bayit with you shall bear the iniquity of the Kadosh-Place: and you and your sons with you shall bear the iniquity of your priesthood.
2 And your brothers alsoof the tribe of Lewi, the tribe of your abba, come near to you, that they may be joined to you, and serve you: but you and your sons with you shall serve before the Tabernacle of witness.
- Don’t read over this 2ndverse – “that your brothers also” that they may serve you…
- V1 Aaron, you and your sons will bear your sins, what sins… well, did he not come against Moshe with his wife, and that was just one time.
3 And they shall keep your duty, and the duty of the entire Tabernacle: only they shall not come near the vessels of the Kadosh-Place and the altarthat neither they, nor you also, die.
- To complete the first remark above; only that they can’t come near to the Holy place, lest you ALL die.
4 And they shall be joined to you, and keep the duty of the Tabernacle of the congregation, for all the service of the Tabernacle: and a ger shall not come near you.
5 And you shall keep the duty of the Kadosh-Place, and the duty of the altar: that there be no wrath any more upon the children of Yisrael.
6 And I, see, I have taken your brothers the Lewiym from among the children of Yisrael: to you they are given as a gift from YHWH, to do the service of the Tabernacle of the congregation.
- For you shall keep the duty of the Tabernacle – and NO ger shall come near to you.
- And you shall keep the duty so that there be no more wrath upon the house of Israel.
- Is this message being taught today, that we may preserve ourselves by honoring YHWH and serving HIM with faith and obedience? NO, read on;
- The stupidity in these last two portions, still flourishes today nothing has changed, has it… promises made by false prophets who twist the Scriptures; to do what?, make people feel good about their Torah breaking, (and it’s plain to see it’s very profitable too) like I’ve said already and it seems everyone is jumping on board, why, because it is such an easy life-style.
7 Therefore you and your sons with you shall shomer your kohen's office for all things pertaining to the altar, and inside the veil; and you shall serve: I have given your kohen's office to you as a gift for service: and the ger that comes near shall be put to death.
- You and your sons will observe your office, the altar, inside the veil, and I have given you as a gift for service – and don’t forget, the ger that comes near shall be put to death.
8 And YHWH spoke to Aharon, See, I also have given you the duty of My terumah offerings of all the kadosh things of the children of Yisrael; to you have I given them by reason of the anointing, and to your sons, by a chuk leolam-va-ed.
9 This shall be yours of the most kadosh things, reserved from the fire: every oblation of theirs, every grain offering of theirs, and every sin offering of theirs, and every trespass offering of theirs, which they shall render to Me, shall be most kadosh for you and for your sons.
10 In the most Kadosh-Place shall you eat it; every male shall eat it: it shall be kadosh to you.
11 And this is yours; the terumah, free will, offering of their gift, with all the wave offerings of the children of Yisrael: I have given them to you, and to your sons and to your daughters with you, by a chuk le-olam-va-ed: every one that is clean in your bayit shall eat of it.
- V11 I have made a statute of these things and provisions FOREVER, and everyone who is clean of sin in your house shall eat of it.
12 All the best of the oil, and all the best of the wine, and of the wheat, the bikkurim of what they shall offer to YHWH, I have given to you.
13 And whatever is first ripe in the land, which they shall bring to YHWH, shall be yours; every one that is clean in your bayit shall eat of it.
14 Everything dedicated in Yisrael shall be yours.
- What a gift; that everything dedicated in Israel shall be yours!
15 Everything that pehters the womb in all flesh, which they bring to YHWH, whether it is of men, or beasts, shall be yours: nevertheless the bachor of man shall you surely redeem, and the firstling of unclean beasts shall you redeem.
16 And those that are to be redeemed from a month old shall you redeem, according to your estimation, for the money of five shekels, after the shekel of the Kadosh-Place, which is twenty gerahs.
17 But the firstling of a cow, or the firstling of a sheep, or the firstling of a goat, you shall not redeem; they are kadosh: you shall sprinkle their dahm upon the altar, and shall burn their fat for an offering made by fire, for a sweet fragrance to YHWH.
- in V15 we see the first born of man and animals could be redeemed but the first born of a kosher animal could not be redeemed.
18 And their meat shall be yours, as the wave breast and as the right thigh are yours.
19 All the terumah offerings of the kadosh things, which the children of Yisrael offer to YHWH, have I given you, and your sons and your daughters with you, by a chuk leolam-va-ed: it is a brit of salt le-olam-va-ed before YHWH to you and to your zera with you.
- The covenant of salt is an everlasting covenant (Numbers 18:19). In biblical times, most men would carry a pouch of salt on their belts. When two men desired to make a covenant of loyalty, each would take some salt from his pouch and sprinkle it into the other man's pouch. Then they stated the terms of their agreement and shook their salt pouches, mingling the grains of salt. Because it was no longer possible to go into the other man's pouch and retrieve the original salt grains, this covenant was therefore an permanent contract that could not be broken. If this covenant were a treaty between two tribes or people groups, its violation would be a serious and grievous offence. One of the punishments was to sow or plow salt into one's land so that its future productivity would be impaired (Judges 9:45).
- Sowing the salt of twisted Scriptures and false teachings into the flock is also a violation!
20 And YHWH spoke to Aharon, You shall have no inheritance in their land, neither shall you have any part among them: I am your part and your inheritance among the children of Yisrael.
21 And, see, I have given the children of Lewi all the ma’aser or tithes,in Yisrael for an inheritance, for their service in which they serve, even the service of the Tabernacle of the congregation.
- Here we see tithes mentioned and we see why.
22 Neither must the children of Yisrael from now on come near the Tabernacle of the congregation, lest they bear sin, and die.
23 But the Lewiym shall do the service of the Tabernacle of the congregation, and they shall bear their iniquity: it shall be a chuk le-olam-va-ed throughout your generations, that among the children of Yisrael they have no inheritance.
24 But the ma’aser of the children of Yisrael, which they offer as a terumah offering to YHWH, I have given to the Lewiym to inherit: therefore I have said to them, Among the children of Yisrael they shall have no inheritance.
25 And YHWH spoke to Moshe, saying,
26 Speak to the Lewiym, and say to them, when you take from the children of Yisrael the ma’aser which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then you shall offer up a terumah offering of it for YHWH, even a ma’aser of the ma’aser.
27 And your terumah offering shall be reckoned to you, as though it were the corn of the threshing floor, and as the fullness of the winepress.
28 So you also shall offer a terumah offering to YHWH of all your ma’aser, tithes, that you receive from the children of Yisrael; and you shall give YHWH's terumah offering to Aharon the kohen.
29 Out of all your gifts you shall offer every terumah, free-will offerings offering to YHWH, all the best of it, even the kadosh part of it.
30 Therefore you shall say to them, when you have heaved the best of it from it, then it shall be counted to the then it shall be counted to the Lewiym as the increase of the threshing floor, and as the increase of the winepress.
31 And you shall eat it in every place, you and your households: for it is your reward for your service in the Tabernacle of the congregation.
32 And you shall bear no sin because of it, when you have heaved the best of it: neither shall you pollute the kadosh things of the children of Yisrael, lest you die.
11:14 - 12:22
14 Then said Schmuel to the people, Come, and let us go to Gilgal, and renew the malchut there.
15 And all the people went to Gilgal; and there they made Shaul melech before YHWH in Gilgal; and there they sacrificed the sacrifices of shalom offerings before YHWH; and there Shaul and all the men of Yisrael rejoiced greatly.
1 And Schmuel said to kol Yisrael, See, I have listened to your voice in all that you said to me, and have made a melech over you.
2 And now, see, the melech walks before you: and I am old and gray-headed; and, see, my sons are with you: and I have had my halacha before you from my childhood to this day.
3 See, here I am; witness against me before YHWH, and before His anointed: whose cattle have I taken? Or, whose donkey have I taken? Or, whom have I defrauded? Whom have I oppressed? Or, from whose hand have I received any bribe to blind my eyes with it? If so I will restore it you.
4 And they said, you have not defrauded us, nor oppressed us, neither have you taken anything from any man's hand.
5 And he said to them, YHWH is witness against you, and His anointed is witness this day, that you have not found anything in my hand. And they answered, He is a witness.
6 And Schmuel said to the people, It is YHWH that advanced Moshe and Aharon, and that brought your ahvot up out of the land of Mitzrayim.
7 Now therefore stand still, that I may rehearse with you before YHWH all the tzadik acts of YHWH, which He did to you and to your ahvot.
8 When Yaakov had come into Mitzrayim, and your ahvot cried out to YHWH, then YHWH sent Moshe and Aharon, who brought forth your ahvot out of Mitzrayim, and made them dwell in this place.
9 And when they forgot YHWH their Elohim, He sold them into the hand of Sisra, leader of the host of Hatzor, and into the hand of the Plishtim, and into the hand of the melech of Moav, and they fought against them.
10 And they cried out to YHWH, and said, We have sinned, because we have forsaken YHWH, and have served the Ba’alim and Ashtaroth: but now deliver us out of the hand of our enemies, and we will serve you.
11 And YHWH sent Yeruvaal, and Bedan, and Yiphtach, and Schmuel, and delivered you out of the hand of your enemies on every side, and you dwelt safely.
12 And when you saw that Nachash the melech of the children of Ammon came against you, you said to me, No; but a melech shall reign over us: when YHWH your Elohim was your melech.
13 Now therefore see the melech whom you have chosen, and whom you have desired! And, see, YHWH has set a melech over you.
14 If you will fear YHWH, and serve Him, and obey His voice and not rebel against the mitzvoth of YHWH, then shall both you and also the melech that reigns over you continue following YHWH your Elohim:
15 But if you will not obey the voice of YHWH, but rebel against the commandment of YHWH, then shall the hand of YHWH be against you, as it was against your ahvot.
16 Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which YHWH will do before your eyes. 17 Is it not Shavuot wheat harvest today? I will call to YHWH, and He shall send thunder and rain; that you may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which you have done in the sight of YHWH, in asking for a melech.
18 So Schmuel called to YHWH; and YHWH sent thunder and rain that day: and all the people greatly feared YHWH and Schmuel.
19 And all the people said to Schmuel, Make tefillah for your avadim to YHWH your Elohim, that we die not: for we have added to all our sins this evil, to ask for a melech.
20 And Schmuel said to the people, Fear not: you have done all this wickedness: yet turn not aside from following YHWH, but serve YHWH with all your lev;
21 And turn not aside: for then you would go after worthless things, which cannot profit nor deliver; for they are worthless.
22 For YHWH will not forsake His people for His great Name's sake: because it has pleased YHWH to make you His people.
1 Yahudah, the eved of YaShua ha Moshiach, and brother of Yaakov, to them that are kadosh by Abba YHWH, and preserved in YaShua ha Moshiach, and called:
2 Rachamim to you, and shalom, and ahava, be multiplied.
3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write to you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write to you, and exhort you that you should earnestly contend for the emunah which was once for all time delivered to the Yisraelite kidushim.
4 For there are certain men who slipped in secretly, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, wicked men, turning the favor of our Eloah into indecency, and denying the only Master Eloah, and our Master YaShua ha Moshiach.
5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though you once knew this, how that the Master YHWH, having saved the people out of the land of Mitzrayim, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
6 And the heavenly malachim who kept not their first dwelling, but left their own dwelling, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the mishpat of the great Yom HaDin.
7 Even as Sedom and Amora, and the cities around them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the mishpat of eternal fire.
8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, reject authority, and speak evil of His tifereth.
9 Yet Micha-El the chief malach, when contending with s.a.tan about the body of Moshe, did not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, the Master YHWH rebuke you.
10 But these speak evil of those things that they do not know: but what they know naturally, as unreasoning beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11 Woe to them! For they have gone in the way of Qayin, and ran with greed after the delusion of Bilam for a reward, and perished in the rebellion of Korach.
12 These are rocky reefs in your moadim of ahava to YHWH, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without mayim, carried about by the winds; eytzim whose fruit decays, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering cochavim, for whom is reserved the blackness of darkness le-olam-va-ed.
14 And Chanok also, the seventh from Ahdahm, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Master YHWH comes with ten thousands of His Yisraelite kidushim,
15 To execute mishpat upon all, and to convince all that are wicked among them of all their wicked deeds, which they have wickedly committed, and of all their harsh words which wicked sinners have spoken against Him.
16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaks proud words, being respecters of persons in order to seek gain.
17 But, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the shlichim of our Master-Yah YaShua ha Moshiach;
18 How that they told you there would be mockers in the yamim acharonim, who would walk after their own wicked lusts.
19 These are those who cause divisions, sensual, having not the Ruach.
20 But you, beloved, build yourselves up in your most kadosh emunah, making tefillot in the Ruach Hakodesh,
21 Shomer yourselves in the ahava of Eloah, looking for the rachamim of our Master-Yah YaShua ha Moshiach to eternal chayim.
22 And have rachamim on some who doubt, making a difference: